Aimee Lindeque: Biography
Aimee Lindeque’s art can be concisely summarised as intricate and imaginative works created in an eclectic style. She describes her creative process as a form of intuitive auto-pilot wherein she allows images, textures and ideas from her imagination and sub- conscious to flow into works which have a dense doodle-like quality. Her work is partly inspired by the onslaught of imagery individuals experience in the information age.
In 2017 she graduated from the UCT Michaelis School of Fine Art with a major in sculpture. Aimee is currently producing and exhibiting work in watercolour and ink. Their colour arrangement and focus on line detail is inspired by comic book artists such as Moebius. Aesthetically, her work experiments with the visual effects of detail and how cluttered imagery can create different interpretations depending on how far the viewer is from the artwork.
- University of Cape Town. B.A.F.A, Sculptor, 2017.
- University of Cape Town. B.A, Art History, 2016.
- PJ Olivier Art Centre, “Stellenbosch Art Society members exhibition”, Stellenbosch
- Pretoria Art Museum, “Sasol new signatures top 100 finalist’s exhibition”, Pretoria
- Smith gallery, “Michaelis silent auction”, Cape Town
- Berg River Brewery, “Nanette Ranger studio exhibition”, Paarl
- Eclectica Design & Art, “Global reaching”, Cape Town
- AVA, “AVA members exhibition”, Cape Town
- Eclectica Contemporary, Cape Town
leather and ceramic sculptures